Healthy Apple Crumble
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbs water
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbs wholemeal flour
- 1 tbs butter, melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- First make the crumble topping - using the Cuisine Companion with the kneading and crushing blade, roughly break up the nuts by pulsing for 10 seconds.
- Swap to the stirring blade and add the oats, coconut, flour, butter, maple syrup and cinnamon and set to speed 5 for 30 seconds to allow that crumble to come together. Remove from the bowl and set aside.
- Rinse out the bowl and make the apple mixture. Using the stirring blade, place the apple into the bowl with 2 tbs of water and nutmeg. Using the slow cook P1 for 7 minutes, cook to allow apple to soften.
- Once cooked, divide apple mixture between 4 x 250mL ramekins. Top with crumble topping and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Tips and Tricks
Serve with a dollop of natural yoghurt or ice cream for more of a treat.