300ml canola/vegetable/sunflower oil
300g (peeled weight) bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra to decorate
300g plain flour
280g caster sugar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
100g tinned pineapple, chopped into small pieces
100g shelled pecans (or walnuts), chopped, reserve extra, chopped and whole to decorate
Cream Cheese Icing
600g icing sugar
100g unsalted butter at room temperature
250g cream cheese chilled
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease and line 3 20cm cake tins.
2. Place eggs, oil, cinnamon, flour, caster sugar, bicarb soda, salt and vanilla in the bowl with the kneading blade.
3. Select Pastry P1 Time 1min 30sec. Pause after 30sec and scrape down blade and sides of the bowl. Resume programme.
4. When programme complete. Pulse for 5sec.
5. Remove blade and fold in pineapple and nuts, using a spatula.
6. Divide mixture evenly between the three tins and bake in the preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
7. When the cakes test done with a skewer inserted in the centre, remove from the oven. Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before icing.
Cream Cheese Icing
1. Place all ingredients in the bowl with the kneading blade. Pulse for 10sec. Scrape down sides.
2. Select Time 2min Speed 7. When complete the icing should be fully incorporated and smooth. If it is not, continue at this setting in 30sec increments until icing is smooth.
1. Place one cake on a serving plate and cover the top generously with icing. Place another cake on top and also cover that with icing. Place remaining cake on top and cover the entire cake with icing.
2. Decorate the top of the cake with the reserved nuts and extra cinnamon.
Recipe thanks to Blogger, Linda Collins on the Love Baking with the Cuisine Companion blog.