Justine Schofield's Easy Vanilla Ice Cream
15 minutes + overnight freezing
2 cups (500ml) of thickened cream
2 vanilla beans, seeds scraped
397ml can of condensed milk
- Place the whisk into the bowl and add the cream and vanilla beans. Whisk the cream for 1-2 minutes at speed 7 or until medium peaks form. Add the condensed milk and fold for 1 minute at speed 5 until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a plastic container, cover with cling film and then the container lid. Freeze for 6 hours or even better overnight for the ice cream to set.
This base recipe can be transformed into many different flavours. Here are a few of my favourite options.
- For an irresistible chocolate ice cream, fold through melted chocolate, grated chocolate, cocoa or choc chips just before freezing.
- Add any sort of nuts for a crunchy version.
- For rum and raisin steep the raisins in the rum overnight and then fold through just before freezing.
No comments available.