750g chicken thighs, deboned and skin removed and cut into 4
2 tbs. vegetable oil
3 clove garlic
2cm piece of ginger
1 cinnamon stick
2 cardamom pods
½ tsp. fennel seeds
10 curry leaves
½ tsp. turmeric
½ tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin powder
2 tomatoes, chopped
200mls coconut cream
¾ cup of chicken stock
1 medium zucchini, chopped into 2cm pieces
- Place the onion, garlic and ginger in the bowl fitted with the ultra blade knife. Chop at speed 12 for 15 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Replace the ultra blade with the mixing blade. Add the oil, cinnamon stick, cardamom pods and fennel seeds into the bowl and set the slow cook P1 program.
- Now add the curry leaves, the remaining spices and tomatoes and set to slow cook P1.
- Add the chicken, coconut cream, stock and a good pinch of salt and launch the slow cook P2 program.
- 10 minutes before program finishes add the zucchini and restart the program.
- Serve with rice or any grain of choice.