Prue's Shepherds Pie
1 Hour & 35 Minutes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 celery stick, cut into 4-5cm lengths
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 x 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Using the Tefal Cuisine Companion, with the Ultrablade in place, put onion, garlic, celery and carrot into the bowl and blend at speed 11 for 5 seconds.
- Replace Ultrablade with stirring blade, scrape down the side of the bowl using a spatula and add eggplant and olive oil. Cook using slow cook P1 at 130°C for 5 minutes.
- Add herbs and lamb, ensuring there are no big lumps, and cook using slow cook P1 at 130°C for a further 5 minutes to brown the lamb.
- Add tomato paste, tinned tomatoes, red wine, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Cook using slow cook P2 at 100°C for 45 minutes with the centre of the lid out to allow steam to escape, thickening the sauce.
- Add the peas and cook using slow cook P1 at 130°C for 5 minutes. Once cooked, pour the meat mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To make the Mash, peel the potatoes and cut into 2 cm cubes.
- Pour 0.7 L of water in the bowl and place the potatoes in the steam basket. Launch the steam program for 30 mins.
- When the potatoes are cooked, empty the water from the bowl and attach the whisk. Add the potatoes and mix at speed 6 for 30 seconds. Add the milk, butter, salt and pepper and mix at speed 6 for 30 seconds. Place on top of meat mixture and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the potato is golden.
No comments available.